St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church
Stonewall, Texas

Pastor
Very Rev.
John P. Nolan, V. F.

Parochial Vicar

Rev. Jean Baptiste Magbia Zabusu

Mailing Address:  P.O. Box 209, Stonewall, Texas  78671
Physical Address:  400 St. Francis St., Stonewall, Texas
 (830) 644-2368 
stfrancisx@beecreek.net

Established 1945

Bulletin
News

Rosary prayed on Thursdays immediately after 6:00 PM Mass outside at the grotto to Our Lady of Guadalupe. Rosario para las intenciones de los ninos, jovenes y familias, jueves despues de misa de las 6:00. If inclement weather, the Rosary will be prayed inside the church.

Bilingual Rosary before 11:00 AM Sunday Mass - The Rosary will be recited before the 11:00 Mass. Please let the church office know if you are willing to lead the Rosary or if you would like to lead one of the decades.

2nd Sunday of each month - 12:00 pm - “Fellowship Encuentro” Everyone is invited to the hall after the 11:00 am Masses on the 2nd Sunday of each month for fellowship and light refreshments.

“Kaffee Klatsch” - Sundays After 9:00 Mass - Everyone is invited to the hall after the Sunday 9:00 AM Masses for fellowship and light refreshments.

St. Thomas Society will hold their Biennial Garage Sale on Friday, May 17, and Saturday, May 18, 2019. We would like to ask all the parish members to start putting aside items that you might wish to donate to the sale so that it can be bigger and better than ever. As in past years, please no clothing, mattresses; tube TV’s, infant car seats or cribs.

Thursday, January 24 - Informational meeting about “A Pilgrimage to the Holy Land; Walking in the Footsteps of Jesus” under the Spiritual Direction of Fr. John Nolan. 11 days, Oct. 1 - 11, 2019. See flyer with this weekend’s bulletin. The January 24th informational meeting is at the Holy Family Center at St. Mary’s, Fredericksburg; starting at 6pm.

March 29-31, 2019 - Worldwide Marriage Encounter Weekend in San Antonio. Great marriages don’t just happen, Couples Make Them! “Conduct yourself to please God.” Make time for your marriage by attending the next Worldwide Marriage Encounter Weekend. Submit your application on line: www.mesanantonio.org or call Ed and Cindy Turski at 602-421-4154 for more information.

“On the Way, Andale!” Capital Campaign is gaining ground. In the area of treasure, some choose the biblical norm of giving 10 percent of their treasure. But are we being good stewards of the other 90 percent? Giving of our time, talent and treasure is not about giving until it hurts. Rather, it is about giving until you feel good about what you have given. Thank you to those that have already participated. Our thermometer has climbed again-Thank you!! This is a 3-year campaign; contributions can be spread out to fit your giving ability.

“Thank You” from Fr. John and Fr. Jean Baptiste - Thank you for your kindness during the Christmas season and always. Thank you for the cards, gifts, goodies, meal invitations and prayers. You are such a blessing to us and we will keep you in our prayers. Best wishes for the New Year!

FESTIVAL NEWS - The Parish Festival will be Sunday March 3, 2019. Raffle prizes are being accepted through next Monday, January 28th. Please contact Kim Baethge, 830-997-0783, if you have a prize to donate. Feel free to contact businesses that you do business with and ask them if they would like to donate a prize.
Silent Auction items will be collected in February. If any questions about the raffle or the festival, please contact Kim Baethge, 997-0783, or DeAnn Hampton, 830-992-9633.

St. Rose Society and St. Thomas Society - annual Membership Drives to be held January 19-January 27. Dues are $10.00 per member for the respective Societies. Members will be collecting at the weekend Masses through next weekend. Even if you can’t attend the monthly meetings, the spiritual benefits of membership are many.

January 28 - Stonewall Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet at the Chamber of Commerce building. Social at 6:00 PM followed by dinner at 7:00 PM. Tickets are $15.00 in advance and $20.00 at the door. Available at Weinheimer & Son and Stroeher & Olfers

aaaaaaaaaaaaiii